Desperate Times, Desperate Pleasures by Jan O’Hara
- Name of Character: Jackson. I’ll withhold my real last name as a favor to you, because if I revealed it, I’d have to kill you.
- Sort of.
- Age: Thirty-two.
- Occupation: Among my other duties at the book’s opening, I work as a guard for the First Faith mega-church in Charleston.
- Physical appearance: Mia, my nemesis in the book Desperate Times, Desperate Pleasures, thinks I fall just short of being classically handsome.
- Physical build: I’ve been called “mountainous,” whatever that means.
- Eyes: Yes. I have two. They work fine, thanks. Also happen to be the same color.
- Hair: Blonde, but varies in length for strategic reasons.
- What do people like the best about you? Which people? Because I’d have to answer differently depending upon the context. My mom likes my cheerfulness. My boss appreciates my muscles. Victor likes that he can push my buttons. As for Mia, I thought you wanted to keep this interview PG.
- Ways to annoy you: If you’re Victor, you basically open your mouth.
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done to someone and why? After my answer about my name, you sure you really want to ask me that?
- What do you most care about in the world? Before events of this book, I’d have to say “justice.”
- What do you like least about the other main character in the book? She’s a freelancer, which isn’t good in situations like the ones we are facing.
- What is your view of lying? I’m not a fan, but you do what you gotta do, right?
- What would you ask a fortune teller? Will Mia and I get through this with life and limb intact?