Tara L. Ames
Diamonds and Winning Hearts
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Of course! That’s how I met my husband. We knew instantly we were meant to be together.
- Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?
- I create a story that falls appropriately under that genre to make sure I don’t disappoint the readers. Then, I do my very best to make sure my characters and their experiences are unique and unpredictable.
- What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
- So far, all my books have required some research. Some require more than others. I actually created my story settings on places I have visited which includes Key West, Florida, Blowing Rock, North Carolina, Georgia, and Montana.
- Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?
- I read all my reviews and I greatly appreciate all of them, including the bad ones if they are well written and constructive.
- What was your hardest scene to write in the book you wrote for Illicit?
- The opening. Hopefully, after a few rewrites, I finally have it right now. LOL!
- What can we expect from you next?
- In 2019, I’ll launch two new series. One will be sports and the other, military.