Seducing the Competition
- Do you believe in real life happy endings?
- Yes, because I’m living one. ☺ My husband and I met in 1983, and we’re celebrating 30 years of marriage in 2018.
- Do you wish on stars? How about dandelions?
- Any Ohio-born girl worth her salt wishes on both, of course. The trick with the dandelions is to make sure ALL the seeds are blown off the stem, and that they scatter to the wind. Otherwise your wish won’t come true.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Christmas. We go nuts here. LOL! We put up no less than a dozen decorated trees, we put up outside lights, and we play Christmas music for like two months.
- What’s the most difficult thing about writing characters of the opposite sex?
- Making sure the alpha males sound like males instead of like strong females. I bounce things off my husband a lot. “What a guy say this? How would he say it? Why would he say this and not something else?”
- Do you try to be more original or deliver what readers want?
- It has to be a combo of the two in today’s market. If I write something too out there, readers are less likely to take a chance on it. But I’ve never been one to write the same old, same old. Readers can expect something different from me with every new book or series. I march to my own drummer, but I am mindful of what my fans like to read.
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Cake. Any kind, any time, with or without ice cream.
- What can we expect from you next?
- I’m in the Shadows and Sorcery boxed set. My contribution to that is the first in a series of four books that are fantasy with strong romantic elements. This is a sweeping saga set in a parallel universe.