Jeana E. Mann
Author of Dirty Work
- When do you get the most writing done?
- I do my best writing in the early morning or late at night. Sometimes I get so into the story, that I have no idea what time it is. I’ll look up and four or five hours will have passed. I have to make myself take a break.
- Is anything in your story based on real life experience?
- I used to clean houses and apartments in addition to working a full-time job and going back to college for the second time. You wouldn’t believe some of the things I’ve seen. If you want to learn about a person, clean their house.
- What book makes you cry?
- The Time Traveler’s Wife makes me cry. There are so many layers to the book. Henry has been compared to the hero of a Greek tragedy, and I completely agree. He’s doomed no matter what he does. The author made him very sympathetic and it gets me every time. Also, anything with an animal in it. I’m a sucker for pets and horses.
- Do you believe in “real life” happy endings?
- I believe in “happy for now” endings. Life has a way of changing without warning, and all we can do is try to find our happiness in those moments in between.
- Be honest. When was the last time you Googled yourself?
- Um, well, now that you asked I had to hop over to Google and do it. So, today, right now. I was kind of surprised by the results!
- Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?
- I like to pop in the names of characters from my other books. I’m always excited to find an “Easter egg” in books from my favorite authors and wanted to pay it forward to my readers.
- What can we expect from you next?
- I’ll be working on a trilogy about the life of two star-crossed lovers. The books will follow them throughout their relationships with other people and each other.